North American Finance & Control Function Designs Integrated Human Capital Strategies to Recruit, Develop and Retain its Talent
- North American business unit of one of the world’s largest food companies with more than 8.5 billion dollars in sales and 15,500 employees nationwide
- Finance & Control department with approximately 400 management and staff spread across the U.S.
- To assess current human capital strategies and design an integrated talent management approach for the Finance & Control department to more effectively manage its people
- This organization’s corporate policies and programs needed to be assessed and tailored to more specifically meet the department’s unique needs
Talent Management and Change Management solutions provided include:
- Assessed current human capital strategies and future business requirements and designed an integrated approach for talent management
- Utilized a high-employee involvement approach to develop enhanced competency models and job descriptions for all major job roles within the function
- Created a competency-based job rotation program for further developing new talent
- Supported and coordinated the delivery of an inaugural intern program at multiple corporate, manufacturing, and distribution sites across the U.S.
- Designed and executed customized implementation plans to roll-out new performance standards, including targeted communications and training programs for 450 employees
- Developed and helped facilitate employee communications, including Senior Finance Team meetings and all-hands working sessions, across the department to engage the employee community and functional leadership in this process
Key Business Results:
- Assessed and redesigned various recruitment, selection, and on-boarding processes to enhance employee integration efforts
- Improved the organization’s ability to recruit, develop, and retain talent through clearly-articulated, highly-relevant, and transparent performance expectations
- Implemented a customized on-boarding process for this Finance function that will now be adopted by HR as the foundation for all other companywide programs